Mountainview, Calif. Google tends to pack a punch at its annual I/O and this year was no exception. Last month, it announced a raft of innovations for Android, with contextual awareness big on the agenda (you may remember this theme from my blog about the AWE Keynote by Robert Scoble below).
What else is set to come?
In case you missed it, here are some of the bite-size highlights announced for Android 5.0 that are especially relevant for mobile app developers:
- A new UI Concept, giving more focus to meaningful transitions
- Expansion of "Android Wear" to include integration with Google Now and enhanced voice note taking. Also, support extended for round and square screens.
- Enhanced Notifications including the option to respond from the device home screen
- Set of new APIs to develop apps and track stats using the health sensors
- Better support for communication, navigation and music through a new Android Auto SDK
- Enhancements to analytics, testing and distribution
You can find out more and see the keynote videos by clicking through to the official site here.